EuroCCP is a central counterparty providing post-trade services to stock exchanges, multilateral trading facilities, other equities trading platforms and for OTC equities trades. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we service trading platforms and we have clearing participants with headquarters in 14 jurisdictions in Europe, North America and Asia. EuroCCP is a systemically important financial institution that is managed efficiently. Due to the compact organization, reporting lines are short and informal,. This makes us attractive for talent looking for a working environment in the heart of the European financial industry where knowledge and experience can be gained quickly.
To help us manage and execute an increasing number of cyber & information security activities, including the operation of security systems and tooling, European Central Counterparty N.V. (EuroCCP) is looking to expand the Information Security team with a flexible, dynamic and smart Security Analyst. EuroCCP runs its business from two offices in Amsterdam and London. The security team is based in our Amsterdam World Trade Center office location.As Specialist Middle & Back Office you will work in all of the above areas with a focus on the control aspects of the processes. The responsibility for identification, assessing, measuring, monitoring, mitigating and reporting on risks are important parts of the team responsibilities.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Works with EuroCCP business on threat analysis and risk assessments in order to select the most appropriate security measures.
- Plans, implements and upgrades security measures (controls)
- Establishes plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Maintains data and monitors security access
- Performs vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Conducts internal and external security audits
- Anticipates security alerts, incidents and disasters and reduces their likelihood
- Manages network, intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Analyses security breaches to determine their root cause
- Recommends, selects and installs appropriate security tools and countermeasures
- Defines, implements and maintains corporate security policies
- Trains EuroCCP staff in security awareness and procedures
- Coordinates security plans with external parties (e.g. vendors, clients)
- Examines available recovery tools and processes, and recommends solutions.
- Consumes and analyses tactical Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) such as Indicators Of Compromise and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures
- Collects, calculates and formats data for reporting
- Analyses metrics and reports trends and indicates opportunities for improvements
- Works with the internal Risk Management department on the alignment of Cyber & Information Security with the company’s Risk Management Framework
EuroCCP is a successful company of approximately 60 persons. The security team consists of 3 persons (CISO, Security Analyst, Security Officer) and works closely together with the 9 colleagues of the IT Operations team. As a small and successful company with an important role in the European financial industry, we need our colleagues to have a flexible, open, energetic and enthusiastic attitude. Candidates for this function need to be eager to gain new knowledge and broaden their security expertise and skills.
Candidate personal characteristics and knowledge
- Technical bachelor degree (HBO).
- Four years or more working experience in a similar role in an IT Security or cyber risk management environment.
- Solid understanding of IT, IT principles and architectures.
- Experience with security monitoring and SIEM technology.
- Knowledge of cyber threats, cyber-attacks and malware.
- Knowledge of security policies and procedures and how these are applied in an organisation.
- Knowledge of and experience with vulnerability management systems, intrusion detection systems and other security tools and mechanisms.
- Knowledge of cyber and information security frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO27001/27002).
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and TCP/IP network technologies and concepts.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes. CISSP or CISM certifications are highly recommended.
- Flexible and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Hard worker with high quality standards.
- Team player.
- Well-developed planning and coordination skills.
- Communicative and open personality.
- Because of the international character of the organisation we need candidates to be well skilled in the English language both verbally and in writing.
EuroCCP key values: Entrepreneurial spirit, Collaboration and Ownership
Applying for the job
Please feel free to apply for this position and send your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to:
If you require any additional information about EuroCCP or the position, you are kindly invited to contact:
CISO & Head of Information Security